Almond Butter & Banana Toast

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Although I initially started this journey as an experiment, my vegan challenge has been oh so lovely. I've learned many new tricks and recipes to make food fun and enjoyable. Here, I'll share some of the recipes that I've learned for all the enjoy. :)

After sleeping in, I just craved a healthy breakfast for lunch. 
Today's menu? Almong Butter & Banana Toast; Green Juice on the side. 





Ingredients
* is what I used in my recipe

- 1 cup | Almond: Unsalted for a sweeter flavor* or salted for a saltier flavor
- 2 - 3 tbsp | Coconut oil: Unrefined for a sweet flavor with hint of coconut* or refined
- sprouted bread


Instructions
1. In a food processor or blender, blend almond until it becomes a fine grain
2. Add 1 - 2 tbsp of coconut oil and blend again until the almonds have a mud-like texture. Make sure to scrape the side of the food processor/blender as well as direct the almonds to the center because the thickness of the almonds may make the substance difficult to blend. 
3. Add the remaining coconut oil into the blender and continue to blend for a minute or two until the texture wanted is established. If you want a creamier texture, add more coconut oil until you've reached the desired texture.
4. Add salt (optional)
5. Enjoy~


No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground