Life Updates

Friday, February 14, 2020

It's been years since I've last written in this blog.
There are posts that I've decided to put on draft as they do not reflect my current views anymore.

So, technically, my last post that's shown here is from 2015. It's been 4.5 years since the last post that's been published/on display.

Within those 4.5 years, MANY things have changed in my life. I have a new career in social work, I'm wrapping up my Master's program to be a Marriage and Family Therapist, and I'm planning to move out either later this year or early next year depending on when I get my associate's number.

Also, full disclosure, I've been managing my depression and anxiety well on a new medication, and I've been learning different things about myself.

Most importantly, I've been learning to love myself, be a genuine version of myself in this world, and to be okay with mistakes.

I am not adequate, nor do I think I am a failure.

I believe that I am a kind and caring helper who hopes to be a calm and collected leader one day.

Meditation, mindfulness, and gratitude have been life altering ideologies.

I always credit the start of this journey and self-awareness to Dan Harris and his book 10% Happier. That book has truly been life changing and has helped me to explore a new sense of inner strength and identity.

I want to continue this blog not to show-off to others, but for myself. Because as I look at my previous posts and the mindset I was in back then, I recognize my own growth and willingness to experience change in my life... and I am proud of myself.
     
Update: Sunday, November 13, 2022 @ 12:33 am

I meant to say "I am not inadequate, nor do I think I am a failure."

Funny how a typo can change the whole message.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground